If you’ve eaten soup at my place you’re 90% certain to have had broccoli soup. It is one of my absolute favourites because it is super easy and extremely easy to make. Good tasting broccoli is available most of the year so it is a really good go to.
Broccoli (/ optionally add chopped potato to boil) chop of the tips and put on to boil with water and your choice of stock (oxo cube is fine). At the same time prepare the rest of the veg. Cut the stems into small cubes…
Onion / Carrot / Leek …chop up finely…
Garlic …crush and chop up finely.
Butter or your choice of Oil warm up in a pot large enough for all your soup.
- add garlic and onion to the pan with butter/oil at full heat and let the onion go translucent but not brown.
- mix in the carrot and broccoli stems, reduce heat and let soften for a couple of minutes.
- add leek, mix in and let soften.
- add pot of boiled broccoli tops including the water.
- leave to settle for a couple of minutes so the tastes join together.
- blend while still warm
- enjoy as is or garnish with some cheese (parmesan, gorgonzola or goats cheese are all nice) or as I like it with a bit of Tabasco.