On first look this looks very similar to what I posted yesterday. And in a way it is, but the difference is in the preparation and you get it in the taste afterwards. One thing this recipe does show is how flexible you can be in cooking. Both makes a similar looking soup but with different flavours and by cooking/frying different things.
Pumpkin chop and put on to boil with water and your choice of stock (oxo cube is fine).
Carrot / Celery chop and add to to boiling pumpkin (keep a little out to fry)
Onion / Garlic / fresh Chilli …chop up finely…
Oil warm up in a pot large enough for all your soup.
Yellow Curry Mix / Sugar
optional Garnish in this case fried sugar snaps
- add garlic / onion / chilli to the pan with oil at full heat and let the onion go translucent but not brown.
- add curry and sugar.
- add the carrot and celery you’ve kept, mix in and let soften.
- add the boiled pumpkin, keeping the water to the side.
- add coconut milk, leave to blend together.
- add the pumpkin water, leave to settle for a couple of minutes.
- blend while still warm.
- enjoy as is or garnish.